How do I set up in-home primary or palliative care?
Getting set up with CareBridge Services starts by talking to your doctor. Most of the time, you have to ask your doctor for a referral to get CareBridge Primary and Palliative Care services. Whether you are in the hospital, facility or at home, our care team can help you.
CareBridge Palliative Care will facilitate communication and coordinate services among your healthcare team, as well as provide pain relief, symptom management, emotional support, family and caregiver support.
CareBridge Primary Care will make house calls, provide medical care, conduct routine medical check-ups and annual wellness visits for patients in their home or healthcare community setting.
Do you have more questions? Check out our FAQs page.
What should you ask the team during the meeting?
Here are some tips to help you talk to your doctor:
- Tell your doctor you are considering CareBridge Primary and Palliative Care Services.
- Ask your doctor to explain your illness, as well as your treatment options.
- Explain to your doctor what quality of life means to you. This list may include:
- Spending time with loved ones
- Having pain and other distressing symptoms aggressively treated
- Continuing to make your own decisions for care and your preferred location for treatments, whether in home or hospital
- Be sure your doctor is aware of any personal, religious, or cultural beliefs, values, or practices that are important to consider in your care and treatment decisions.
- Tell your doctor what curative treatments you may or may not want, such as resuscitation if your heart were to stop, being placed on a mechanical ventilator if your lungs were to fail, undergoing dialysis if your kidneys were to fail, or artificial nutrition by a feeding tube if you were unable to eat.
- If you have a living will or advanced directives, be sure to inform your doctor and provide him or her with a copy.
- If you are suffering with pain and other symptoms due to a serious illness, ask your doctor for a CareBridge Palliative Care referral.
- If you are homebound or home-limited and need to see a medical professional, ask your doctor about a CareBridge Primary Care referral for in-home care.
CareBridge Services is here to help.
If you are not sure if you have a living will or advanced directive, Voice your Choice offers tips on how to advocate for your final wishes.
If you think CareBridge Services is the right choice, it’s time to get started!