CareBridge Services partners with Hospice of Southwest Ohio to provide hospice care in addition to primary and palliative care
Since 2009, CareBridge Palliative Care has treated patients in and around Cincinnati, Ohio, who have acute or chronic serious illnesses. In 2019, CareBridge added in-home primary care services for palliative care clients who were homebound or home limited and needed a primary care physician to come into their home. Today, CareBridge Services offers both primary and palliative care services to people around southwest Ohio.
It’s important to remember that palliative care is not the same as hospice care. Palliative care provides symptom management and pain relief from chronic illness. You should put palliative care in place at the onset of an illness. CareBridge can assist with symptom management, treatment and curative interventions to promote a better quality of life.
For older adults who need hospice care, we partner with Hospice of Southwest Ohio. HSWO serves four counties and maintains an excellent reputation for treating patients with the care, dignity and respect everyone deserves.
Are you looking for compassionate end-of-life care?
Are you not sure how to talk with your doctor about in-home primary or palliative care? We can help.
Your CareBridge team will include a physician and nurse practitioner. CareBridge Primary and Palliative Care nurse practitioners focus on pain relief, symptom management and quality of life.
- Nurse practitioners can spend more time with the patient to focus on one or more symptoms that are affecting the patient’s quality of life.
- Nurse practitioners have the extra time to devote to discussions regarding advance directives and goals of care.
- Nurse practitioners support the patient’s primary care physician and have the ability to write orders or make changes in medications as necessary.
- Once symptoms are stabilized, skilled services can be ordered to maximize patient potential.
- Nurse practitioners can provide additional support for current staff for patients residing in a nursing home or retirement community.
- Nurse practitioners can visit you wherever you call home, which increases patient/family satisfaction in having additional provider support.
Other team members can include:
When spiritual support is requested, our chaplains can provide counsel to both the patient and their family.
Home Health Aides
For day-to-day personal care, home health aides act as the liaison between the primary or palliative care team and the patient’s family.
Specially trained in primary and palliative care, our nurses excel at symptom management and pain relief.
Our team of physicians is led by CareBridge’s medical director. Personal physicians are paired with each patient, and assist with directing the full patient care team.
Our social workers are trained for the palliative care environment, and provide emotional support and counsel to both patients and families.
Generous volunteers offer companionship to patients and their families, assist with day-to-day tasks and more.
CareBridge Primary and Palliative Care services are offered in patients’ homes or healthcare communities in and around Cincinnati, Ohio, in the following counties:
- Clermont County
- Butler County
- Warren County
- Hamilton County